Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hello Fellow Chihuahua Lovers

I've been searching and searching google for anything chihuahua and haven't seen very many chihuahua blogs out there. So, I thought I would create one. Hopefully, I can bring a little joy into the lives of Chihuahua owners and all those who don't own chihuahuas but chihuahuas own them, well at least their hearts.

And hopefully I can help people find info on these lovable lapdogs as well as some possible shopping options for them.

A little about me: I've had chihuahuas in my life for nearly 28 years. First was Tippy, who was trained by my uncle to keep children on a couch so he could get some sleep. She chased me and my sister through the house and was quite the biter. She lived for about 16 years and I believe the secret to her long life was the bologna we fed her twice a day. Then we had Mitzy, another pet given to us by my uncle. She didn't live as long as you'd expect a chihuahua to live but she was a good example of what nonfamiliars of the breed think of - possessive and fiesty, a one person dog. She slept with me in my bed for a long time, but one night she threw up in the bed and I said "no more of that". She passed away a few days later. After Mitzy came Susie and Steffi. Susie was Steffi's mother and lived a pretty long time. Steffi I still have. She will be 15 years old this summer and until about three or four years ago, she was fed a steady diet of bologna. But she has a chronic cough that is aggravated by excessive weight, so I put her on a diet of boiled turkey breast to keep her weight down. Briefly, I had the pure joy of having Phoebe as a member of my family. She passed away very tragically in February. It's still painful to think about her. And next month, I plan to welcome two new chihuahua puppies into my family. I was only planning to get one puppy as I already have Steffi and a half pomeranian-half miniature collie named Fritz, but my dad talked me into getting two puppies.

I'm sure there will be plenty of posts on this blog in the upcoming months about the puppies and my resident dogs. You'll have to stay tuned.......

2 comments:

Pollylougene said...

Poor Fritz!! he is gonna be neglected for the stinkin' cheehooahooas! bite 'em Fritz!! shake 'em like rats!

Miranda said...

Fritz is bigger than the chihuahuas. He will be easier to pet because I won't have to reach down as far. LOL.

You need to be telling Fritz to bite the rats and shake the rats. Walmart isn't stocking my wonder see no mouse, touch no mouse mouse traps right now.